BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in people 18 to 65 years of age for a short period of time (temporary).
BOTOX® Cosmetic is administered by a healthcare professional as a simple, nonsurgical treatment that is injected directly into the muscles between the brows. It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows. Individual results may vary.
Visible results have been shown to last up to 4 months.1 Your own results may vary – be sure to talk to your healthcare provider about what you can expect and when to schedule your next appointment.
Within days, you may see a marked improvement in the moderate-to-severe frown lines between your brows. Lines continue to improve for up to 30 days, and results can last for up to 4 months. Individual results may vary.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of the “11s,” the moderate-to-severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines). It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows.
Prescription Dysport is an injection used to temporarily improve the look of your moderate to severe frown lines without changing the look of your whole face. The untreated facial muscles still work normally, allowing you to freely show facial expressions, such as smiling, in untreated areas. Get to know more about Dysport, including how it works and what to understand before you start treatment.
Over time, the muscles above and between the eyebrows repeatedly contract and tighten, causing wrinkles. But, with just 1 injection into each of 5 points between and over the eyebrows, Dysport blocks the signal from the nerve to the muscles, ultimately resulting in a reduction of muscle activity and temporarily preventing contraction of the muscles that cause frown lines.
The most common side effects of Dysport treatment are nose and throat irritation, headache, injection site pain, injection site skin reaction, upper respiratory tract infection, eyelid swelling, eyelid drooping, sinus inflammation, and nausea. You should wait at least 90 days between Dysport treatments.
If you’re serious about treating your frown lines, talk to your doctor about Dysport. It may just be the right treatment option for temporarily improving moderate to severe frown lines.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel is the first and only filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area. It gives you a subtle lift, helping to restore contour and a more youthful profile, for up to 2 years, in patients over the age of 21. It’s different than JUVÉDERM® XC and works on a different area of the face. JUVÉDERM® XC smoothes out moderate to severe wrinkles and folds around the nose and mouth, like parentheses. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC, however, adds volume to the cheek area.
- First and only Hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area, resulting in a subtle lift
- Clinically proven to last up to 2 years with optimal treatment
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is from the makers of the #1 family of fillers
- After 24 hours, you should be able to resume your normal activities
- Side effects are moderate and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. Common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
Most side effects are mild or moderate in nature, and their duration is short lasting (7 days or less). The most common side effects include, but are not limited to, temporary injections site reactions such as redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, and discoloration. As with all skin injection procedures there is a risk of infection.
What is JUVÉDERM®?
JUVÉDERM® is the only HA filler FDA approved* to last up to one year.∆ ß 1,2 Ask your physician how you can get long-lasting results with JUVÉDERM®. JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel is a smooth consistency gel dermal filler that helps to instantly restore your skin’s volume and smooth away facial wrinkles and folds like your “smile lines” or “parentheses” (nasolabial folds) —the creases that run from the bottom of your nose to the corners of your mouth). JUVÉDERM® XC comes in two formulations—JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC
What does JUVÉDERM® XC do?
JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel temporarily adds volume to facial tissue and restores a smoother appearance to the face.
Restylane is a range of products for facial beauty treatment. They are designed to effectively reduce the appearance of unwanted wrinkles, contour and create volume, and to rejuvenate the skin. Restylane is a gel based on stabilized hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a substance that naturally exists in your body. The gel is injected into the skin.
By replenishing the skin’s supply of hyaluronic acid, Restylane rejuvenates and adds volume to the skin, instantly diminishing the appearance of lines and wrinkles, and giving a natural softer look. Restylane is a soft injectable gel consisting of stabilized, non-animal hyaluronic acid. The gel is tissue-friendly and closely resembles the hyaluronic acid that exists naturally in the body. It is long-lasting but not permanent.
RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler is an injectable wrinkle filler that works by immediately restoring facial volume to smooth out the signs of aging. Once injected, not only does it immediately add volume but over time, RADIESSE Volumizing Filler begins to stimulate the production of the body’s natural collagen for results that may last up to a year or more in many patients.
RADIESSE Volumizing Filler is made of tiny calcium-based microspheres suspended in a water-based gel. The calcium microspheres are similar to minerals found naturally in the body so allergy testing is not required. Over time, the body absorbs the microspheres and gel, leaving behind only natural collagen.1
Please note that RADIESSE Volumizing Filler is contraindicated in patients with severe allergies manifested by a history of anaphylaxis, with a history or presence of multiple severe allergies.
Once injected, RADIESSE Volumizing Filler plumps the skin and replenishes volume lost over time for a more refreshed look. Over time, RADIESSE Volumizing Filler works to stimulate the body to produce collagen naturally.1 Ultimately the body absorbs the product and leaves behind the natural collagen for long-lasting results.2,3
Immediately upon injection, RADIESSE Volumizing Filler restores volume to smooth out the signs of aging. The natural-looking results may last up to a year or more in many patients.2,3
As with any injection, patients may experience side effects such as mild irritation, swelling, itching, redness, bruising or tenderness at the injection site, which typically resolve on their own. If any of these side effects persist, contact your healthcare professional right away.
Pre- Derma Filler Treatment Instructions
Like most treatments that involve an injectable it is best not to take any anti-inflammatory that may cause the blood to thin such as aspirin, avoid blood thinners to reduce the chance of bruising. Tylenol, Advil, Motrin, or Vitamin E as this could cause bruising. Avoid alcohol at least 24-48 hours before after treatment since it is a blood thinner. Inform your clinician if you have recurring face sores.
Pre Treatment Instructions
To reduce the risks of bruising and/or bleeding, please avoid taking the following one week prior to your treatment and one week following your treatment:
- St. John’s Wort
- High doses of Vitamin E
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Fish Oil
Discontinue Retin-A two (2) days before and two (2) days after treatment.
If you have a history of Labial herpes (cold sores) you must be treated up to 2 days prior and 8 days after treatment with Valtrex 500mg BID (twice a day) or Zovirax 400mg TID (three times a day) as directed by your physician.
If you develop a cold sore, blemish, rash, etc. prior to your appointment you must reschedule.
After your Treatment
- Apply cool compress to the area/s treated (avoiding pressure) as this helps reduce swelling and the potential for bruising.
- You may begin wearing makeup once you have adequately cooled/iced the area/s, as instructed and any pinpoint bleeding form the injection site/s has subsided.
- DO NOT RUB OR MASSAGE the treated area/s today. When cleansing your face or applying make-up, use gentle, sweeping motions to avoid excessive mobility of the area/s.
- AVOID excessive movement of the treated area/s for the first few hours and up to 2-3 days.
- AVOID strenuous exercise or activity for the remainder of the treatment day. You may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
Expect superior results from superior technology.
Skin Nirvana MedSpa uses the (TM) laser system voted by Board Certified
Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons(two years in a row!) as the BEST LASER* for hair removal and leg vein treatment. This system utilizes both Nd:YAG and the first and only infrared programmable wavelength spectra in the industry. Your comfort and safety are of our utmost importance.
Treatment results vary among patients. While, there is no laser that has received FDA clearance for a claim of permanent hair removal, the Cutera ™ laser systems was the first Nd:YAG laser to be cleared by the FDA for permanent hair reduction on all skin types and tanned skin. That is defined by the FDA as 85% or greater hair reduction. It is possible that some follicles in the treated area, while not being completely destroyed, will be sufficiently damaged to the point where they produce only fine, light hairs that do not
respond to further treatment. This is backed up by extensive clinical studies and you should be wary of anyone who claims otherwise.
The laser may feel like a mild sting for a fraction of a second. With the cooling tip on the laser and utilizing a Zimmer ™ skin cooling system we can minimize the discomfort to minimal. There is also optional numbing creams available to our patients.
Upper lip and chin can be done in 5-10 minutes while underarms and bikini lines usually take 15-20 minutes. Legs and backs take longer.
This is very important to understand. Hair goes through 3 stages of development. Typically in the anagen stage, the hair will respond more effectively to treatment. At any given time, only one third of the human hair is in the anagen stage. Thus, it is necessary to treat an area at least 3 times with the treatments spaced approximately 6 weeks apart in order to see the best and longest lasting results.
Darker hair will respond better, but both dark and light hair may need up to 5 treatments for maximum response and the best long term results.
There is often no immediate change. Your skin may get slightly red or even develop a small crust that will peel. The laser may leave small red marks on your skin that will clear up in a few days. The hair that has been destroyed will not start to fall out for 2-3 weeks. Many times it will get darker and thicker just before it falls out. Don’t worry if you do not see an obvious change immediately after your first treatment.
It is necessary for you to have one to two days’ hair growth so that the areas that require treatment are easily recognizable. Please do not wax or pluck at least 2-3 weeks prior to treatment.
- Wash area of makeup and/or deodorant. For best results have vibraderm facial before treatment. This will remove any debris and oil from skin, which acts as a mirror for the laser.
- Shave area prior to treatment. Use only single or double blade.
- If you are prone to cold sores on the lips and are having this area treated please let us know. Dr. Han may prescribe medications prior to your treatment.
- If you are on Accutane or Gold therapy in the past 6 months please let us know. If you areusing products containing Retin A discontinue them for 1-2 days prior to treatment. They may be restarted 1-2 days after procedure.
- Avoid bathing or washing with very hot water. Use warm water to cleanse the skin gently. Keep clean.
- You may feel like you have a mild to moderate sunburn. Minor crusting or peeling is not unusual. You may use over the counter hydrocortisone cream, aloe, tea tree oil to help the redness or inflammation of the skin.
- Avoid direct sun exposure. Use sun block. We recommend natural mineral makeup line or pharmaceutical grade creams SPF 30.
- Do not shave area for at least 4 days. Do not wax or pluck or use depilatories for the hair that grows back. After laser treatment, hair may continue to grow out as if it were never even treated. Typically this will occur for about 2 weeks and then these hairs will simply begin to fall out.
- Avoid medicated creams such as Retin A, Benzoyl Peroxide, glycolic acids or astringents 1-2 days after treatment.